- Message Journal
Message is a peer-reviewed academic journal that consists of blind reviewed academic papers. It is dedicated to the development and discussion of contemporary Visual Communication research particularly within Art & Design with an emphasis on Practice, Outputs and Artefacts.
The aim of the Message journal is to explore and expand the boundaries of Visual Communication within Art & Design through an experimental and developmental ethos, challenging the practitioner, the development and use of technology, as well as questioning Visual Communication values and social, ethical and sustainable practices.
The Message journal welcomes contributions from national and international Visual Communication researchers and practitioners from a variety of perspectives: theoretical, conceptual, educational and industrial.
The Plymouth University Message journal and research group is committed to enhancing the development of the visual communication subject areas, both in education and commercial design, through research and enterprise.
- Advisory Board
- Patrick Baglee, design consultant and journalist, NY, USA
- Professor Phil Cleaver, Middlesex University, UK
- Professor Dóra Ísleifsdóttir, Iceland Academy of Arts, Iceland
- Associate Professor Maziar Raein, Oslo National Academy of the Arts, Norway
- Professor Teal Triggs, Associate Dean at Royal College of Art, UK
- Editorial Board
- Victoria Squire, Esther Dudley, Peter Jones
- University of Plymouth Press
Message Journal, Edition 3: What is the topography of the contemporary graphic design / communication landscape in relation to art practice? What occupies the space between disciplines? (University of Plymouth Press, 2016-07)In Message journal edition 3 the refereed submissions explore further the boundaries between contemporary graphic design/communication and art, as well as examining what is occupied within the space between the ...
Copyright and License
By depositing items to this collection YOU DECLARE that you are covered by one or more of these statements:
-  You are the author of the item.
- YOU DECLARE that YOU ARE THE AUTHOR of the work, and that the work meets the conditions set in the PEARL Deposit Agreement.
-  You are depositing on behalf of Plymouth University staff or students.
- YOU DECLARE that YOU HAVE THEIR PERMISSION TO DEPOSIT and you confirm that the work meets the conditions set in the PEARL Deposit Agreement.
-  You are depositing on behalf of external authors, e.g., submitting articles included in a University of Plymouth Press journal.
- YOU DECLARE that YOU HAVE GAINED PERMISSION TO DEPOSIT from the authors by asking them to sign the PEARL Deposit Agreement for University of Plymouth Journals. A copy of the signed license agreement(s) should be uploaded with this submission.